• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Vyvanse/Wellbutrin and easing of hyperhidrosis

confuser

Greenlighter
Ok, I have a question, if anyone wants to take a guess about what is happening here.

I have hyperhidrosis, or excessive sweating, over my entire body. It is a pretty unbearable condition. I was recently prescribed Vyvanse (70mg) and Wellbutrin XL (300mg) -- knowing that they could both exacerbate the sweating. However, they have not made me sweat more, in fact, I sweat less (not completely, but noticeably). And the sweat, which is usually clammy (gross, I know), is typically no longer clammy when taking these drugs.

If both of these drugs are stimulants, why would this be happening? I should mention late at night, when I assume the vyvanse has worn off, the sweat usually comes back.

I have a notion, this notion is not backed up by any real evidence but I'll share it anyway. I think it could be stress related. My hands feet back and face sweat profusely whenI'm going through periods of chronic stress, then when life starts to get easier it stops. I've linked it to stress in my case anyway. Maybe the drugs are relaxing you enough that you stop sweating? It could also be an unexplainable idiopathic reaction.

Technically speaking I believe that it is caused by how the drugs work. They both work on the norepinephrine pathway which is what kicks in with the fight or flight reaction. Norepinephrine and epineprine both cause your heart rate to speed up, BP goes up, and other effects, including cutting off the salivation and sweating mechanisms in the body. So when the drug wears off those effects diminish.